Australian Homeschool Curriculum Packages
My Homeschool Curriculum Packages Australia incorporate graded curriculum from the first year of school to Year 9.
We will take the pressure off planning and teaching your homeschool resources with our:
- parent workshops and membership support
- online access and storage of homeschool resources
- education plans matched to your state or territory requirements
- easy to follow 4 day weekly schedule and yearly planning templates and reports
- range of wholesome homeschool resources and books that will nourish and enrich your child’s education.
My Homeschool Curriculum Packages Australia Delivered Online
To enrol in any Australian homeschool curriculum package you must first become a member. This gives you access to our My Homeschool Online Learning Platform. Graded Courses are purchased on our learning platform which can only be accessed by our members.
Homeschool Curriculum Packages Australia – Courses Free With Membership
With all of our Australian homeschool curriculum packages and our basic membership plan the following courses are provided free with membership.
Become A Member
The mind "is nourished on ideas and absorbs facts only as they hang connected with the living ideas upon which they hang. Children educated upon some such lines as these respond in a surprising way, developing capacity, character, countenance, initiative and a sense of responsibility...The mind feeds on ideas and therefore children should have a generous curriculum."
I'm actually really just liking the balance of everything. Thank you again for providing such a fabulous curriculum.
Why Follow the Charlotte Mason Method?
We wanted you to have confidence that you were educating your child in a way that honoured their emotional, academic and spiritual needs, and give you shortcuts so you would easily pass registration.
We know how important it is to nurture your children’s hearts and minds as you educate them. The Charlotte Mason method gives us the framework to achieve these goals.
It’s Written For Australian Children
You won’t need to be Australianising our content. We have mapped our curriculum to the Australian standards for each state and territory and we’ve done it for you in a Charlotte Mason way.
- Australian literature and poetry.
- Australian spelling and grammar lessons for English,
- Foundation Font for our handwriting lessons,
- Australian examples for science, geography and history,
- Metric measurements and Australian money,
- Australian land forms, plants and animals for nature study,
- Famous Australian art works for picture study,
- Indigenous content and books in all grades.
But we don’t limit our curriculum to only Australian content.
We want your children to have a rich feast of ideas presented to them so we also include world history, foreign languages, classic literature and a range of resources that encourage your child to learn about the world around them.
We Wanted A Curriculum That Worked For Home Educators
Our curriculum writers have already done the juggle of homeschooling a few children at once.
- We knew how lovely and important it is to learn as a family so we made some lessons and read alouds possible to teach as a group.
- We reduced the time needed for formal academics by crafting our curriculum so our resources and books often teach multiple topics.
- We made each grade fit each state’s syllabus so you can get registered easily.
- We gave you a streamlined intentional curriculum so you could give your children a wholesome integrated education from kindergarten to high school.
- We made sure it was academically challenging so your children will have career options, and a pathway to university if needed.
- We put it all in one place so you weren’t hunting around looking for resources every time you wanted to begin lessons.
- We made it easy to access your lessons and planner when you were out and about or travelling just by picking up your smartphone.
We Want You To Homeschool Well!
Getting a curriculum is the first step. Teaching and getting registered are the next parts.
That is why we want to offer you more than educational products or book lists. We want to mentor you and support you on this journey. We have experienced home educators who have already travelled this path and when you hit a hurdle we want to help you figure out ways to find a solution.
We Do That In A Few Ways:
- We have a community forum where you can ask your homeschool questions and get some advice. You can also email us if you need to.
- Our free Homeschool Teaching 101 Course that comes with membership will give you an understanding on the teaching methods we use. We also have a coach to take you through this course.
- Our Getting Registered Course gives you tips on registration for your state.
- Each graded curriculum course has most of the documentation needed to help you make your registration application simple and quick. Note: We don't do your application for you.
Our homeschool curriculum is written to comply with all Australian states and territories. We give you a shortcut to help you get straight into giving your child a delightful and robust education without spending hours and hours researching, and tweaking unsuitable content. And we’ll make it easy for you to get registered because we’ve already done 75% of the documentation you need for your application.
Our Learning Platform
We use Moodle, a popular educational online learning platform to run our courses. In the early grades this is mostly a resource for the parent, in middle school and high school the children also use the platform as a part of their lessons.
You will need access to the My Homeschool learning platform to complete and watch some video lessons. A laptop, tablet, or desktop computer will work well. Your smartphone can be used for a quick review, or on the go, but it’s not the best option for online reading and watching videos long-term.
Whilst we are utilising this online platform for learning and include many of our recommended book titles for watching as a read-aloud, most of our lessons do require reading from a real book or a paper-based resource. Our notebooking activities use pencils and paper but if you wish for your child to have additional screen-based activities you could incorporate an online mathematics or foreign language resource as both of these subjects rely on plenty of practice for mastery.
I already have a very busy life? How much time will this involve?
My Homeschool follows the Charlotte Mason practice of shorter lessons so there is time for the student to follow other interests. Approximately three to four days per week is allocated to group study and reading aloud in the primary years. In high school we have written a four day schedule with Day 5 free for other planned educational activities. Your day will usually include consistent lesson time in the mornings, leaving afternoons free for natural learning and play. You can also get some of your jobs done and pursue other interests.
Is this course secular or Christian?
This curriculum aims to give parents confidence that they are educating their children with a worldview that honours the values of Christian education however our resources are not exclusively Christian. We have attempted to choose great resources and often a secular resource was the best option.
Education of the whole child is important to us and parents are encouraged to nurture their children’s spiritual, intellectual, emotional and social needs. Check out our article Is Charlotte Mason Homeschooling Christian?
How do I teach multiple children?
Choice has been built into this curriculum to give you the flexibility you need for teaching multiple ages and adapting to the special needs and interests of your child/children. Some families choose to simply buy the appropriate Graded Course for each child, while others try to combine grades and teach multiple children using one course. You can choose what best suits your family.